For over 10 years we've been working with clients to create functional, effective and visually appealing websites.
We take the following approach when creating a website for clients:
- We complete a strategic website plan with you, the client - ensuring we understand their market, target market and their motivations and barriers, their business, values and brand, website requirements, functionality needs, conversion pathways and design elements
- We design the website concept - using the website plan we create a design concept for the homepage, which sets the tone for the whole website
- We provide the design concept to the you and discuss
- Once the design concept is signed off we start to load the website, with content either provided by you or created by us (as defined in our proposal to you)
- The draft website is provided to you to review and provide feedback
- Once approved we complete on page Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and the website is made live
- We provide you with training so that you/someone on your team can update your website going forward.
Adapting to Covid-19 - operating as a contactless business
Since March businesses have been put through unprecedented change with the NZ Government putting in place restrictions to halt the spread of Covid-19 through our communities.
While great for our health, this has had a significant on many businesses and the way they operate. We are seeing many businesses need to shift and adapt the way they operate to this 'new normal'.
The digital space and websites have become even more valuable as a way to connect with existing and prospective customers, and finding ways to provide products and services that adhere to lock down restrictions has meant many businesses have had to be creative and rethink their business model.
If you want to work with a team who are focused on providing a website that works in this new contactless business landscape contact us. We are working with many clients to provide websites that focus on scheduled ordering.
What is scheduled ordering?
Scheduled ordering is designed to meet the needs of a range of businesses looking to sell online.
How does it work?
1. Enable scheduled ordering
Once we've created your website, we set up day/time preferences for taking orders in your store's settings.
2. Set up minimum wait times
We will set up wait times based on whether your product takes minutes, hours or days to prepare.
3. Start taking orders
Using social media, email campaigns and other channels we can work with you to let customers know that they can visit your website and place an order.
4. Prepare the order
Once an order is placed, you prepare the order to either be picked up or delivered. As your situation changes you can switch from offering just delivery to delivery and pickup or vice versa.